Monday, January 28, 2008

Yea Yarn Stash

I love Jessie!!!!! She is the awesomest ever. Several months ago, she mailed me a box of leftover yarn to start me on my merry knitting way. Well, I didn't appreciate it then the way I do now. I know so much more about yarn and have bigger knitting dreams. Also, once I get my Ravelry invite I will have stuff to enter into my notebook. I have been talking about it too much lately. I just asked Len how many time I've mentioned "Ravelry.com" in the past 4 days and he said "1200 times". I keep trying to explain the benefits by comparing it to wood working which is his passion. I have so many WIP on my needles right now. I really need to get organized. Below are pics of yarn Jess gave me. One ball of which became unravelled, and my second made self-winded ball. I am becoming a pro at it. I finally understand the whole quarter turn thing. (It means the ball not the angle of the wrapping LOL!!!) Thanks a million Jessie you are my knitting (and everything else too) Goddess.


Also, I wanted to post a shout-out to Andrea. Good luck on your Thesis committee meeting. I hope all goes well for you.





I just noticed that the yarn looks like 2 different colors. It isn't I apparently just suck at taking photos!

Eileen

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh yeah! I remember.. that blue/purple stuff is lionbrand microspun.. it's microfibre stuff. I thought I sent you 2 or 3 balls of that.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shoutout! My meeting did in fact go well, and I'm back to knitting. I haven't started the cat kit Jess gave me yet, but I'll get there soon.