Monday, January 14, 2008

Nostalgic mood/ Socks R Scary!!

Hello. Well today is a weird day for me. My mom died 14 years ago today and I have been waxing nostalgic at my husband all day. He then left for work and I decided to start my next project. I am knitting a blanket for one of my other brothers-in-law Martin. It has many different colors and I am doing intarsia so I have 9 balls going at the same time. So I have a totally organized chaos going right now!!!!! It is so funny but I just finished a project using size 13 bamboo needles and am now using size 9 whalebone circulars and the needles feel so darn small. I have measured them 5 times to make sure they were really 9's. I don't yet own anything smaller than a 7 but they just feel so darn tiny!!!!!

While knitting I decided to watch Knitty Gritty on DIY. I watched the sock episode. I don't know how I am going to ever get up enough courage to knit a pair on my own. It looks so darn scary. All those needles going at the same time and then you just use 1 for a while and then 3 and it looked like even 4, so would I need a 5th needle? Thank God it will be a while before I break down and attempt......

Well, I guess that is all for now. I love you Mom, I miss you, and I think of you every day.

Later,

Eileen

No comments: