Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm making a lobster!!!!!!!

This is my first self rolled ball of yarn. I must thank Jason from Knits with Balls b/c I found the "how-to" on his Blog. I used a toilet paper roll, but as you can see it got crushed in the process. I don't know if it was from the weight of the yarn or the cheapness of the tp but it still worked so who cares!!!!




I had to roll this ball of yarn to make a lobster Jess gave me for Christmas. I annoyed the hell out of her when I first opened it and asked her a whole bunch of questions on how to do certain parts. The funny thing is now that I have watched several Knitty Gritty episodes I understand a lot more of how to do the certain techniques. I decided to start on this project b/c I found my size 10 needles and so I can make this project while waiting for payday to continue my other blanket.



FYI: I'm not obsessed with lobsters or any other crustaceans. The reason I was given the lobster was to commemorate my trips to Boston where Jess lives. I thought it was a cute idea. Here is hoping I can make a cute lobster! This is my first attempt at felting, stuffing and sewing separate pieces together. Yes I have sewed panels together for blankets but I've never attached claws to a body before!!!!! Here is a picture of what the lobster is supposed to look like. It's a little blurry but you get the idea.


Well, I guess that is all for now. Have a great night everyone!!!!

Eileen

No comments: