Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I am actually attempting socks!!

Hello all. Well as promised I am writing a new posting in less than 2 days. Yea me! Training @ American Airlines is going well. I got a 100% on my city code test. I was so nervous but I guess I really shouldn't have been. I turned the test in 3 minutes after I got it. I know that sounds fast (and it is) but I've always done that with tests. I stop studying the night before and then I just let the ink flow on paper and somehow the right answers (usually) magically come out and I do a quick review and just turn it in. I've never been one to hold on to an exam and stress over it. I do all my stressing before and then after while waiting for the results LOL!!! Then I had to go wait in the cafeteria and was shaking like crazy. It was really funny now that it's over. I think I will really enjoy this job. I like what I am learning so far.

Also, as I stated above I have started knitting socks. I was having such a hard time knitting in the round. I have realized that I was not connecting my last stitch to my first correctly. I don't quite know how to explain what I was doing, but I will try. After casting on my stitches and dividing them I was starting my round in the last stitch that I cast on and went that way around the circle instead of starting with the first stitch I cast on. I hope that makes sense. I'm not awesome like techknitter or the yarn harlot in the ways of making visual aids to explain what I am saying. But finally after taking it out 9 times I figured out what I was doing wrong and now have about an inch of cuff and it's nice and even and circular and not twisted and funky. So I learned something new. That is always a positive when knitting so woo-hoo. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post tomorrow.

Have a great day,

Eileen

No comments: