Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pics of Projects and weekend update

OK, so I am going to do a picture diary of my shawl and my dishcloth. I was able to do the first 10 rows of my shawl. The pic doesn't look like 10 rows but that is b/c the yarn is so fine. I was worried about that, but I like it so far so here's hoping. Later today I am going to the library to print out my chart for the shawl so I can keep better track of where I am. The people in my "Mystery" group were so helpful in getting my to understand the chart. I'm still nervous but frogging is the worst that can happen b/c I'm pretty sure the world won't blow up if I mess it up.

In other news, we went to my Uncle Mike's house last night. He gave us a washing machine which is awesome! Len also spent the evening hooking up my grandparents TV so they can have Tivo again. They are very happy. My grandma promised my husband some of her famous coffee cake in return for his service. (He is so lucky b/c the coffee cake is AMAZING!!!!!--I'll take pics of it when we go have some b/c the crumb part is so thick and yummy and I want to share with you LOL.) Also, I showed my grandma my lace yarn and she said you're going to make something with that? How is that possible it is so thin? I said I know but we're just going to have to wait and see.

Also, my Mother-in-law Linda (whom I also refer to as 'Mom') wanted me to clarify a statement I was told she made. She didn't say that my knitting was a phase. She just told my husband that I would have less time to be obsessed once I started my new job. (I know I said I got the job but I then had to submit to a medical review and am waiting for the results-not worried though, just anxious to get started.) She told me that even though knitting is labeled a "craft or hobby" she feels that it is an art. She and my father-in-law Tony (who tells people at his job that I knit which is awesome b/c it means he talks about me at work which is more than I can say about my own dad but that is for another post....) feel that I am very talented and that my knitting pieces are "works of art". She wanted to be very clear that I understood that. They are so supportive and they appreciate the time it take for me to produce the items I make. I think it is awesome that they are so encouraging. It really makes me feel good about myself.

Well that is enough babble for now (look Andrea 2 new posts in less than 24 hrs!!!). Look at my pics and have a great day!!!!

Here is the right side. As you can see it is a 2 color project with yarn carrying up the side. Can I just say that I love Knitty Gritty b/c I just saw an episode on how to do yarn carry.


Here is the wrong side. (I'm guessing on which side is which but feel pretty confidant that I am right)
Like the map drawn on the table we rescued for going to the dump?


Here is the shawl. Does it look like 10 rows to you?

Eileen

No comments: