Saturday, February 2, 2008

It is time for an intervention....

I need to be forcibly removed from my computer. My husband said if I look today like I did yesterday when he got home (a couple hours late so it is partially his fault), he was going to unplug the computer and take it with him to work. He said nothing is worth you looking like a zombie. It's true I was drained.

He also said I looked sad, That is because I read on "I'd rather be knitting"'s site (see blogs I like) that her former students father had died in Iraq. He was a couple weeks away from coming home. That led me to think of my own brother Patrick who is currently in Iraq. I tell myself that he's been gone for 9 months and has been fine, so he'll be fine for the next 6 too. I think I tell myself that b/c I HAVE to believe that in order to make it through every day.

It's kinda like how I survive my Mom being dead too; I wear these signs on my back kinda like badges and sometimes when I am obsessing w/ Ravelry, or driving Jess crazy w/ my knitting questions, or laughing at something on TV, I forget those badges are there and then something happens and I all too suddenly remember. It's not like I am trying to forget, it just hurts sometimes to think about it. So, I guess I carried the worry on my face more than I realized yesterday. With that in mind I ask y'all to watch this video. My brothers unit was profiled for a piece on the Armed Forces Network. My brother is in many of the shots and also makes a statement to the camera. His name is Oaks. Let me know what y'all think.

No comments: