Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dinner with Allysia

Well, last night I went to my friend Allysia's house for dinner. It was the two of us, my husband Len, her husband William, and her mother Judy. We had a good time. Allysia made pork loin with Port-Fig sauce, roasted fennel w/ Parmesan cheese, and scalloped potatoes. Her mom made a chocolate cake for dessert (really for Williams b-day, but we ate it for dessert). We had a good time. We played Wii, talked about knitting (I talked they listened and pretended they knew what I was talking about LOL), and got caught up on our family's gossip.

My arm is very sore today form all the Wii playing. It was a whole lot of fun and makes me want one even more than before. I know I'd play that thing all the time and then maybe Len would stop saying that all I do is knit and talk to people on-line about knitting.

That reminds me, I feel very isolated and foreign to the people around me. No one that I see or talk to on a regular basis (except Jessie) knits. So none of them understand my fascination or as they call it obsession. There was a funny post on Claudia's blog (see blog list) about Super wash sheep and everyone who I talk to about it looks like I have 3 heads or something. Also when I talked about the Yarn Harlot "sock incident" and said that it was all over the place William said "I didn't hear it on Headline News today." HAHAHA They think they are so funny. They didn't understand when I explained it was on a lot of the blogs I read and talked about non-stop on Ravelry. That is why I blog here and chat on Ravelry. Y'all (or at least most of you) get it. (Hi Mom (yes you Linda)- thank you for reading this even though you think this is just a phase that will pass. I appreciate your support even though you don't understand.)

Well, I bought more yarn today just some Sugar 'N Cream that was on sale for my dishcloth KAL and I ordered some size 5 circular needles that are supposed to be good for lace, they should be here soon. I got them on E-bay for $4.50 w/ free shipping. You can't beat that with a stick (unless the needles are super cheap and break or something) I did some research and they are supposed to be good but you never know.

Well, I guess thats all I have for now. Hope everone is having a great weekend. I have to go check on my roast in the crock-pot. I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out.

Eileen

No comments: