Saturday, January 10, 2009

Two socks on one circular

Am I nuts? Apparently, but it is going smoothly after 3 tries at casting on. I am using worsted weight wool-ease on size 5 needles which according to Silver should make size 10.5 socks. That will work for my grandpa. I have been knitting for about 2 hours and have already gotten the toe increases done and am now working on the body. It is an interesting process, and I am nervous and cautious, but Silver has never led me wrong before. I am super excited to be starting on these socks. I also bought some more yarn to make another pair of socks once I am done with the Monkey socks.

Speaking of Monkey.....I am done with the first sock and can I say it fits like a glove ... er a sock... either way I LOVE it. As I said on the 5 min voice mail I left for you Jessie, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the yarn you got me for Christmas, and thanks for suggesting the Monkey pattern it was a superb choice. It is beautiful and I can't wait to get the second one done so I can wear them and show them off to everyone.

Pics to come hopefully if I can get them to look good.

Eileen

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Eventually, you will put your socks down and forget where you were, but if you're careful it shouldnt' be a problem. I ran into more difficulties with 2 socks on 2 circs than on one.

Teena in Toronto said...

Cute socks :)

I just made my first pair a couple weeks ago. I've got to get some wool to make another pair.

Happy blogoversary!