Thursday, January 8, 2009

Monkey Modification

Well it looks like some changes had to be on my socks. My heel flap, while knitted as written, seemed humongous length wise and also width wise. So after the pics I took last night I frogged back to the start of the heel flap. I decided to knit only 20 rows and I decreased to 16 sts on needle 1 and 4. I kept that decrease after picking up the gusset (which went much smoother this time yea!) and the fit is perfect. I like the original size along the leg, I guess my feet are just extra narrow. I'll keep on trucking on these but I need to hurry up and get these done so I can start on the next pairs. I'll probably have 2 or 3 going at a time once I get more yarn and needles.

Eileen

PS GO GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: