Friday, July 23, 2010

Time for a change.

So as you can see I have embraced my love of orange and applied it to my site. It's pretty cool if I don't say so myself. I also have developed a new use for my size 7 dpn. It is my new hair stick. It has been so muggy here that I have done nothing to my hair for the last 2 weeks, b/c honestly what's the point? By the time I get from my front door to my truck I already have a gallon of sweat pouring down my head. It's ridiculous. So in lieu of shaving my head (which no one wants to see trust me!) I am rocking a messy librarian bun with a stick that you can see a 1/4"-1/2" of sticking out of either side of my head. Honestly though I can't care because as long as it is not on my neck I'm a happy camper. Summer for me is about comfort not fashion LOL.

This week I have also really learned when to step away from negativity. I have a friend who only wanted to complain and complain about everything, but especially about his job the last several days. (We work for the same company, but have different jobs.) He was so bitter that he kept wishing that our company would go under. That pissed me off because I like my job and it was just such a mean thing to say. However, nothing I said could humor him so I finally told him that even Eeyore would have moved on to another thistle patch by now, so he was not allowed to contact me again until he had something positive to bring to my world. We all have woe-is-me days, but I can't get bogged down in his drama. It was really hard to say but I couldn't let him drag me down, so I didn't and I am proud of myself. Go me!!!!


In knitting news I am still going strong on my blanket. I have a couple other projects in mind for a few special people but we'll have to see how it goes. They are still earning their privileges so.....

Well, I guess that is enough for now so I'm going to get back to my knitting :)

TTFN, (since I'm in a Winnie the Pooh frame of mind :P)

Eileen

1 comment:

Chris said...

Nice post. I love the Eeyore comparison. He was always my favorite Pooh character.