Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our next float features....

The Child's French Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush.

Project: Child's French Sock

Used: size 2 Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN's. Paton's Stretch Sock in Taffy colorway.

Details: Other than changing the needle size I made very few mods to pattern as written. The mods made were mainly just to keep the size suggested. Therefore, I did 10 repeats on leg instead of 11 and 9 repeats instead of 10 on the foot.

I really enjoyed this sock pattern. They came out awesome and the colorway just added to the experience. These were made for my Grandma who has lived here in Tucson, AZ since the early 60's. I point that out b/c as the pic on the above left shows, the sock looks similar to a Diamondback Rattlesnake skin after it is shed. I know that may sound creepy or gross to some but it is very appropriate for this region. Everyone who has seen these socks LOVE how they came out and I am very proud of that. I just hope my Grandma feels the same way.

Tomorrow will be the last sock on the (delayed) parade of socks and then we will be caught up on where I am.

Eileen

No comments: