Sunday, March 8, 2009

Last but not least...

Grandpa Socks.
Project: Silvers Two Toe-Up Socks on one Circular Needle

Used: Size 5 60" Circular. Yarn was Wool Ease Worsted in Dark Grey.

Details: I used the pattern as written until I reached the leg. Then I took a pattern idea from Getting Started Knitting Socks By Ann Budd. She recommended a Twisted Rib Pattern which I did for the whole leg, as you can see on the left. To finish, I did the sewn bind off. I did it a little tight on one of the socks but I was still able to get it on so I'm confident that my Grandpa will be able to as well.

The yarn and the bigger size needles made this a fast knit. The sock is thick and seems perfectly comfortable and just right for a grandpa. :)

So now we are caught up on all the past socks. Next time I'll show you the dishcloths I've made this year.

No comments: