Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Moment of Silence

Hello. I am saddened to report that a knitting death has occurred. My beloved Mystery Shawl has gone to that big yarn ball in the sky. I was mid way through my 3rd clue when all of a sudden I saw that a stitch in the row below had snapped and unraveled past the life line and down into oblivion. It would have been one thing if the break had happened in the stockinette portion of my shawl but alas it happened right in the middle of the y/o's and decreases that make up the awesome lace.

Funeral service have been declined though a memorial will be held Sunday night @ 6PM MST. Your thoughts and well wishes are appreciated. In lieu of flowers it is requested that each mourner find their most difficult completed knitted project and hug it and thank it for not self destructing during the creation process. Please respect this knitters privacy at this time and be patient while she struggles to find the will to remove the deceased from her needles and begin her lace attempt again.

Current pics will not be displayed due to the graphic nature of the event. Instead here is a look back at the shawl that never was (but may be again).

In Memoriam

1 comment:

A Broke Ph.D. Student said...

I am sorry about your mystery project. If it makes you feel better, this month has been sucky period. I got your phone call...will call you as soon as life slows down.