Monday, December 24, 2012

Last Minute Christmas Knitting

So I am sitting here trying to knit some last minute dishcloths.  I am making a set of four each for two girls who bought me a case of Watermelon bubble gum. There are 5 pieces in each pack with a total of 18 packs in the case so I have lots of chewing to do.  I was so surprised and pleased with the gift, that I wanted to do something special for them.  For me, nothing is better than something hand knit.  The only downside is that it can be pricey which at the moment is a big issue for me.  Fortunately, I have a surplus of cotton yarn so that made the idea of dishcloths an easy one to make.  I found a free pattern of four on Ravelry.  I am knitting one group in a peach palate and one in a blue palate.  Otherwise they are identical so they don't fight over them.  The first three are awesome and knit up really well.  The fourth is a dewdrop pattern that just looks dreadful so I frogged that one and am getting ready to search for a final one to add.  I just have to try to find one that is about the same size so they all go together.

In other news, my brother is in town.  That isn't always the best news, but so far things are going pretty smoothly.  Last night we went to dinner at La Parilla Suiza then went to check out the lights at Winterhaven.  After words we got dessert at Pastiche and just spent some time telling jokes and relaxing.  Something is different about my brother, which I am liking, but I still can't figure out exactly what it is.  Tomorrow is going to be a day at home with a HoneyBaked Ham (I scrimped and saved for this luxury LOL) and then Wednesday my family will get together for an evening of cookies and hot chocolate.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and hopefully I can post again before the New Year.

Eileen
Purlingkitty

No comments: