Monday, February 9, 2009

100 Color Marker Packs

Well, now I know. 100 marker packs are made with 5 shades of gray for knitters. The yarn for my Monkey socks was hand painted. The first skein was great no color lapses or anything. The second skein not so much.....There are several white spots all over. I have been playing around with how to color the spots so that they "match". Hence where the mega marker pack comes in. There are so many different shades of the gray and pink-ish rose-ish options that next time I go to my cousins house I am bound to find the right colors to color in my sock. Now here is hoping that it doesn't wash off otherwise I may have to confiscate the markers I deem as appropriate for this project.

This will not be a problem because really what 7 year old (who isn't Van Gogh) will notice 2 markers missing--especially if they are in a rubber-maid type tub and not in the individual slots in the original packaging. True, I could ask but that would involve tears, bargaining, and crazy promises that will be remembered for all eternity (my step-brother states I still owe him $15,745--for all the times I was like "just let me have it or do it I'll give you $5.00"). That started when he was 8 and ended when he was 15--he is now 21. (I'm still waiting for him to take me to court :P )

Anyhoo, I will be finishing my second Child's French Sock today and will be starting on Crusoe today and begin Twinkle Toes tomorrow most likely.

Eileen

No comments: